From the beginning, Pacífico Adventures has used the whale watching trips as a research platform in order to register ecological data of the humpback whales and other species of cetaceans that are sighted in the area. This modality has allowed us to develop the following research aspects:
- Spatial-temporal variability in the use of habitat and behavioral aspects of the humpback whale during the breeding season.
- Connectivity of the humpback whale within the breeding zone and its feeding zones by comparing photographed individuals.
- Local residence rates of mother-breeding pairs.
- Behavior, group size and temporal space variation in the habitat use of the long-nosed common dolphin Delphinus capensis.
- Diversity of the assemblage of cetaceans sighted in the north coast of Peru.
- Implications for the conservation of the whale watching activity.
- Acoustics with emphasis on the structure and variability in the song of the humpback whale.